UBS Financial Services Senior Java Developer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
Do you want to help develop and extend trading application? Take pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration? We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
– be a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project.
– solve challenging problems in elegant way
– master state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain
– build a trading platform used by the business across the globe
– apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
– work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery
– write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The GALM is working on bring the next generation trading platform to live.
You will be joining the existing cross functional team within UBS Investment Bank to develop trading application with state-of-the-art technologies. You will collaborate closely with the Business Analysts and Quality Assurance professionals.
Your experience and skills:
– expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
– expertise in Java 7/8 with knowledge of low-level parts of API like collections, multi-threading, Java concurrency utilities
– extensive experience in RESTful and SOAP Webservices
– extensive experience in Spring / Spring MVC
– extensive experience in JPA / Hibernate
– clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
– fluency in design patterns and refactoring techniques.
– fluency in Java unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / Mockito etc).
– fluency in relational databases (Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server).
– experience with messaging systems
– hands-on knowledge in Linux
– knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
– knowledge of Cucumber or Fitnesse
- finance Industry experience or good mathematical understanding will be a plus
– focused on quality
– an excellent communicator
– aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
– quick learner
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 165630BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)