Google Site Program Manager in Warszawa, Poland
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Reporting to Site Leads, as a Site Program Manager you will be responsible for bettering the quality of life at work by advising and guiding site leadership, developing or contributing to site strategy, executing programs and managing information flows to improve morale, build efficiency and create community.
As a Site Program Manager you will work to support the Site Leads/Country Managers: providing advice, ideas and plans to help them be even more effective and informed leaders. You are a key member of the local leadership team, helping to galvanize the group to create a sense of One Google at every site with an awareness of internal and external challenges. You'll stay well connected to other Site Program Managers in Google locations around the world to identify and replicate best practices, learn from each other and help make Google feel a bit smaller as we continue to grow.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Become the trusted advisor to Site Leads by staying informed on external and internal issues that face the site and its leadership and advise the Site Leads on strategy and plans to address them.
- Conceive, initiate and execute programs to manage challenges and opportunities that face a Google site -- and be able to manage a number of projects, priorities and budgets at any one time.
- Measure impact and establish metrics for programs which, by their nature, often focus on harder-to-measure intangibles - and, using this data, make informed decisions on subsequent actions.
- Coordinate, collaborate and influence across functions and teams within sites (working cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, People Operations, Communications, Public Policy, Legal, PR, etc).
- Engage directly with leadership inside and outside Google - and have the gravitas required to be able to represent them where appropriate. Act as part of the global Site Program Management community, sharing good practice and ideas to help improve the workings of other sites and Google as a whole.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a people/project management role.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated project management skills and an analytical mindset with the ability to develop projects and influence cross-functional partners to deliver results.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.