Goldman Sachs & Co. Tax Processing Operations Analyst- Warsaw in Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Opportunity to join the EMEA Financial Transaction Tax process. Tax Operation professionals are expected to have a good understanding of the Tax rules to be able to perform the various control functions, good communication skills to be able to interact with various Operations groups, Corporate Tax , Business and other teams. The team will also be responsible for driving the necessary efficiencies and controls relating to the processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm’s compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm’s businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day production functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings. The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills with an ability to understand complex workflows.
• Results orientated - ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence business stakeholders and help make decisions.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proactive and self-starting individual with high level of ownership.
• Proven track record of demonstrating successful teamwork
• Flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
• Intermediate/advanced Excel skills essential.
• Risk Management – Awareness and understanding of Operational Risk.
• Awareness of current economic and market trends impacting the financial landscape.
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are realistic and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitTax Processing Ops