Goldman Sachs & Co. Engineering - CCBD Technology - Marcus - GS Bank Engineering - AppDev - Associate - Warsaw in Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
GS Bank Engineering - Application Development:• Goldman Sachs occupies a state of the art office at the top of the Warsaw Spire. We are hiring people who want to work on interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector.• We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other global GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Operations, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products.• We are hiring for teams using dozens of technologies; Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB's…to mention a few.• We build a lot; in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage and 550k compute cores. We also give back to the Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse collections) and stay close to the start-up scene.• Our people have complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us progress toward our goal of continuous build and cloud deployment everywhere.• We care about our work environment and have a casual dress code. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.• We love to learn and offer robust training resources, including free access to Pluralsight, Safari books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC-like curated learning, soft skills education, a women's mentoring program and more.• We have a culture of giving back; last year over 25,000 of our people volunteered on 1,600 community projects across the world. Locally we supported the Warszawa Business Run and IT for SHE Women's Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Join a rapidly growing global team building innovative solutions for traditional banking activities
• Collaborate with the global, cross-functional team to determine requirements, design features, and deliver advanced financial products
• Work with RESTful services in a microservices architecture
• Integrate with best in class strategic partners and vendors
• Implement unit and integration tests to improve resilience and maintain a high level of software quality
• Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas for improvement
• Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and runbooks
• A proven track record of delivering server-side software solutions, ideally using Java
• Experience working with RESTful services in a microservices based architecture
• A demonstrated focus on writing good quality, easily testable code
• The ability to establish trusted working relationships with product heads and executive level stakeholders
• Experience working with agile processes and methodologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitCCBD Technology