Microsoft Corporation Business Controller in Warsaw, Poland
Global Sales Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
• Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
• Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
• Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
• Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Segment Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
The Segment Controller in the Subsidiary/Area will partner closely with the business leads to be the Finance front-end specialist for the end to end finance processes and profitability of the investments within the segment. The successful candidate has deep insights into the deals and builds on the deal-based forecast from Sales Excellence to deliver materially accurate forecasts.
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
• Be the Finance front-end specialist for deal insights and deal construct
• Partner with Licensing and/or Business Desk to optimize deal structuring and closing. Provide end-to-end assessment of deal profitability
• Build strong, trusted relationships with all key business stakeholders (Segment Leads, Sales Excellence) to ensure Commercial segment delivers on its finance and business accountabilities
• Provide Compete and Industry analysis to key stakeholders to assess market opportunities and threats.
• Partner with the Regional Operating Center on deal-related FX, credit and collections topics
• Actively engage with external Business Decision Makers for key /strategic accounts
Finance & Business Excellence:
• Ensure high quality of investment request submissions
• Own Forecasting for the segment, building on inputs from the Sales Excellence Team (deal-based forecast) and trend analysis to land material Engineering Group views and pricing level accuracy in the context of the New Revenue Standard.
• Lead the financial Rhythm of the Business (ROB) for the segment including forecast and budget.
Controls & Compliance
• Drive compliance in the Segment with focus on Sales Deal Execution and Proactive Risk Management
• High quality Digital Win Room submissions
• End-to-end visibility of top deals (size/Cloud size) to enable holistic high quality decision making on deal, discount, channel incentives. Understand customer proposition, link to account plan and related decisions (e.g. credit collections, consumption plan, partner involvement e.g.)
• Forecast accuracy using deal-based forecast views and trends to land accurate detailed pricing level and product views
• Team delivers deep actionable insights on 3 bold ambitions to drive topline revenue and consumption growth and maximize ROI and Accountability Margin.
• Compliance dashboard and audit performance for the segment.
• Business Partner feedback
10-12+ years of experience in finance positions
Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
Experience working with senior business partners/ business partnering
Experience in evaluating investment plans would be additional benefit
Fluent in English
BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CPA/CA preferred