UBS Financial Services Sr. Software Engineer - Client Orders in Poland
Job Reference #:
Are you a master of Java interested in the coming frameworks, tools and techniques? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the backend and service-layer of a large-scale, distributed order routing platform in collaboration with the business analysts, quality assurance (QA), and business representatives
– master highly complex environments within a complex business domain
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
Sr. Software Engineer - Client Orders
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the IPS Global Order Manager/Topaz department in Krakow. The Global Order Manager is the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized , Treasury and Structured Products for Wealth Management in Switzerland and is the #1 OMS in UBS. The current IT workbook offers a lot of opportunities and challenges and is a key element of the global business strategy.
Your experience and skills:
– experience with Java multithreading libraries and techniques, modern development tools and systems (ideally Git, Maven, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus), and web services (RESTful and SOAP)
– expertise in generic computing science including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
– clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem solving ability
– know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
– proficiency in relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications
– knowledge of highly scaling messaging systems
– work experience with Linux and bash
– Preferably some background in capital markets or high throughput trading applications
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?