UBS Financial Services Software Engineer in Poland
Job Reference #:
Are you a great collaborator? Do you have the ability to stand by agile principles while delivering sustainable solutions? We're looking for an agile developer like that who can:
– collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
– join a successful feature team built on mutual respect
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Wealth Management Americas Supervisory IT team in Business Service Center located in Wroclaw, Poland. We are setting up new teams in this location to work on a variety of projects that are focusing on applications used by WMA Field supervision staff in the branches as well as in home office. Our applications are integrated with other systems in UBS so it's important that a business analyst is able to collaborate with other IT teams located across the globe.
Your experience and skills:
– minimum of 2 years of experience with modern development tools and systems (ideally Git, Maven, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus), and web services (RESTful and SOAP)
– hands-on experience with agile methodologies, especially scrum. Knowledge of Kanban is also required.
– working knowledge of Linux and Unix scripting, job scheduling tools such as Autosys
– Familiarity with messaging technologies such as Kafka
– Working knowledge of Business Rules Managing systems such as Drools
– worked within agile development teams and performed more than one role
– some experience in financial services is very desirable
– passionate about technology (it shows both inside and outside of work)
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
– effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?