UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Kraków, Poland
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? Are you interested in event driven architecture and actor based concurrency. We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will:
– analyse business requirements, design and implement solutions and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– work as part of an agile development team and collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders
– perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the UBS FX Derivatives team in Krakow. The team provides server side solutions for pricing and execution of a wide range of financial instruments including FX Vanilla & Exotic Options, Non-Deliverable and Precious Metals. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy.
Your experience and skills:
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience
– hands-on experience in building distributed systems
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
– strong analytic and problem solving skills
– ability to work closely with business partners to define initial requirements and then iteratively refine to remove ambiguity
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
– interest in financial industry or FX derivatives business knowledge
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– Most importantly you are someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169623BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)