UBS Financial Services Software Engineer (Fullstack - JAVA) in Wroclaw, Poland
Do you like work with and explore multiple technologies? Do you want to have end-to-end responsibility for your applications? Are you a customer-focused team player, which enjoys having its work in daily use within large and recognized world-wide organization? Would you like to have an opportunity to develop your career rather than be stuck on the same project for years? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– take a good care of our IT applications
– propose and implement systems enhancements
– constantly improve business value as well as user experience of the applications
– work closely with customers and users to identify requirements as well as improvement opportunities
– contribute to defining technologies and architectures of the applications
– strive for high quality and agility
– shape culture of our fast growing Core Engineering team in Poland
– make our workplace a source of professional satisfaction as well as a fun place to be
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Our mission is to constantly improve our Bank IT infrastructure and services delivered to all lines of business (Investment Bank, Wealth Management, Swiss Bank). We do it by developing services based on internally built applications as well as integrated commercial ones. Our aim is to have 60,000+ satisfied customers which can enjoy modern, cutting edge technologies. You’ll be working in the Core Engineering team in Wrocław, collaborating closely with colleagues in Kraków and other UBS locations.
Your experience and skills:
– experience in programming in Java, using frameworks like Spring and Hibernate; familiarity with JavaEE is a plus
– understanding of API based composite architecture (REST/JSON, WS/SOAP)
– knowledge of relational databases from the software developer perspective, ideally Oracle DB
– experience in building web applications based on Tomcat (familiarity with Websphere is a plus) as well as with modern SDLC toolchain (e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, git, svn, Jenkins, Bamboo, Jira, Wiki, maven, gradle, nexus and so on)
– scripting skills in perl, python or similar
– desire to work in agile methodologies
– analytical and logical - a problem solver
– good communicator and team player
– customer, quality and results oriented
– motivated, self-directed and driven
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 143288BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Software Engineer (Fullstack - JAVA)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)