UBS Financial Services Oracle/PL/SQL Developer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you a master of Oracle and PL/SQL? Are you passionate about database development, modelling and performance? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the database-layer of a large-scale internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be based out of Wroclaw, working in the Mortgage Origination Services Group (MOSG) team. The team you will work with is distributed across USA, Poland and UK. You’ll be liaising with Management, Architects and BAs in USA, Poland and UK, in the design and development of the MOSG Warehouse Lending application.
Our role is to build out and maintain a custom web application for UBS's Warehouse Lending business. We help by presenting mission-critical data rapidly and intuitively to bankers, allowing them to manage funding of loans to Mortgage Banks against the asset collateral.
Your experience and skills:
– excellent knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 PL/SQL and SQL (including analytic functions), with some exposure to Sybase 15.7
– expertise with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
– experience of data modelling a new application, and extending an existing application
– an understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Oracle's capabilities and weaknesses
– PL/SQL skills which are second to none, particularly around dynamic SQL, database objects, and performance-enhancing features from successive Oracle versions
– proficiency in identifying sub-optimal database operations using an analytical approach to remediate issues (e.g. via query plan analysis, PL/SQL debugger, SQL tracing, etc.)
– adaptable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, client-focused, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 152186BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Oracle/PL/SQL Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT), Investment Banking