UBS Financial Services Mainframe Software Engineer (Network Engineer) in Wroclaw, Poland
Job Reference #:
Do you want to responsible planning, installing and maintenance of z/OS network related software components? Do you want to be responsible for problem management and problem determination of assigned software? We are searching for someone like you to:
• design, evaluate, plan, develop, integrate, test, deploy and support technical infrastructure solutions, that leverage both the re-use of existing and new technologies while driving towards common global solutions
• work with production stakeholders to provide a stable and secure environment that ensures production stability, supportability and performance
• support with analyzing errors and the definition and introduction of corrective measures
Mainframe Software Engineer (Network Engineer)
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Software Service team in Wroclaw and you will interact with the OPS teams and the related Support teams in Basel/Zurich and different other groups. There are basically three different engineering teams you will interact with: Base Engineering (z/OS, USS, ISV and Network), DB2 engineering and Online Engineering (CICS, MQ)
Your experience and skills:
• 3-5 years of experience in the area of mainframe network design and maintenance
• expert skills in z/OS TCP/IP and VTAM network architecture, design & implementation
• expert skills in TSO/ISPF, REXX, z/OS and its subsystems are essential (base: z/OS Systems Engineering)
• good skills in z/OS operating systems architecture, design & implementation
• skills in using and configuring/maintaining of the following software components:
NetView, TCP/IP and all its subcomponents like: TCPSMTP, TCPFTP, TCPNFS etc.
TELNET, (IBM) Session Manager, Network Monitoring concepts and protocol knowledge of TCP, UDP, ICMP etc.
most common used Hardware components, like: OSA express Adapaters, Switches and Routers
• experience in software development/deployment on z/OS operating system up to z/OS Rel. 1.13
• understanding of the concepts of dynamic routing (e.g. OSPF)
• comprehensive knowledge of all related IBM utilities and tools
• good understanding of Change Management principles and related experience
• good understanding of requirements management and project management
• hands on person with a natural instinct to serve and support the customer, when problems appear
• strongly focused on problem solving
• team player with initiative and customer oriented thinking
•self-motivated and prepared to self-study to develop your skills going forward
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?