UBS Financial Services IT Quality Assurance Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you rigorous in putting every application to test before users work with them? Do you enjoy using your strong analytical skills to plan and execute test scenarios? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– deliver a large-scale internet platform in collaboration with business analysts and software engineers
– create and execute test scenarios for applications and technical environments
– document and control test activities
– present and explain test results to project stakeholders
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be based out of Wroclaw, working in the Mortgage Origination Services Group (MOSG) team. The team you will work with is distributed across USA, Poland and UK. You’ll be liaising with Management, Architects and BAs in USA, Poland and UK, in the testing of the MOSG Warehouse Lending application.
Our role is to build out and maintain a custom web application for UBS's Warehouse Lending business. We help by presenting mission-critical data rapidly and intuitively to bankers, allowing them to manage funding of loans to Mortgage Banks against the asset collateral.
Your experience and skills:
– extensive manual web testing experience and demonstrable end-to-end knowledge in this area (e.g. web architecture, database), with some experience in automation and performance testing
– ISEB/ISTQB foundation certification in Software Testing or similar concepts demonstrated with past experience
– hands on experience using SQL to query relational databases
– the ability to execute critical areas of testing without being confined to a Requirements Specification (outside the box thinking)
– knowledge of Quality Gates and Test Metrics
– familiarity with TDD / BDD in relation to test process and an understanding of Agile techniques with the ability to translate them to deliver appropriate QA
– adaptable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, client-focused, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– analytical, methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong, confident communicator not afraid to challenge the status quo, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 152643BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT), Investment Banking