Volvo Group Senior IT Architect - Business Intelligence in Wrocław, Poland
Due to dynamic growth Volvo Group IT in Wroclaw is expanding the Business Intelligence team. We are now looking for candidates for the position of Senior IT Architect - Business Intelligence
As a Senior BI IT Architect, your time will be split between our “Development & Runtime Support” department and our Global Deliveries. In DRS, you will be responsible to set-up the global frameworks, ways of working, methodologies and tools that should be used throughout Group IT in the BI domain.
In our Global deliveries and Projects, you will be responsible for the assessment of business requirements; collection and identification of technical specifications; and the subsequent development of technological frameworks, guidelines and quality assurance processes.
• Act as Architect of business intelligence systems
• Set-up BI frameworks and standards and ensure compliance with existing ones.
• Actively participate/develop continuous improvement of those frameworks and standards
• Lead competence networks and communities both locally and globally
• Participate in reviews of architecture concepts and solutions
• Support reduction of complexity in business processes, information, applications, integration and infrastructure
• Collaborate effectively with other Architects to solve cross solutions problem spanning their respective areas and resolve technological disagreement with informed, rational solutions
• Make strategic technology choices, directly supervising the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components
• Secure and support the overall architectural quality
• Minimum 5 years of experience as BI architect
• Strong experience working with industry-standard data warehouse and visualization tools (IBM Netezza, Microsoft BI, SAP Business Objects, Informatica).
• Knowledge of Netezza is considered a strong asset and would be preferred
• Willingness to teach and coach others
• Ability to design data warehouse
• Practical experience of modeling: e.g. business modeling, process modeling, data modeling knowledge in Domain Driven Design
• Experience with master data, big data and data mining are a plus
• Knowledge of design patterns and UML
• Practical knowledge of agile methodologies (SCRUM)
• Ability to establish and maintain good relations with your internal and external partners
• Communication skills, flexibility, independence and commitment
• Very good knowledge of English
What makes us special?
• Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
• Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
• Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
• International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
• Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
• Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
This recruitment is in scope of Referral Program
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date