Google Technical Lead/Manager, Google Cloud Platform in Warsaw, Poland
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
With extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
The Cloud team requires technical leaders to help build our Cloud products in Warsaw. You will lead your team to shape and deliver Google products, including the software platform running and managing Google Data Centers, Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Functions, and many more. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage a software engineering team that builds, designs, implements and maintains front-ends and back-ends for Google’s PaaS/IaaS products and related services.
- Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of the exponential demand.
- Set goals, strategies, budgets, and oversee deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Provide leadership for cloud developer technology inside Google and manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of Google Cloud Platform.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading software engineering teams (e.g. mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Experience with the design of large systems. Experience with software development
- Experience with Unix/Linux.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science.
- Experience managing small to medium-sized teams of software engineers on large-scale, cloud-based, and open source projects.
- Knowledge of design, data structures and algorithms. Demonstrated knowledge of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization, global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security with any technical paper publications and conference engagements.
- Proven track record of working towards strategic goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.