The Nielsen Company Principal Data Scientist in Warsaw, Poland
PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST
SIMPLY PUT: The Principal Data Scientist defines and leads multiple methods improvement projects for the Methods group, and may oversee individuals within data science roles.
CHALLENGES THAT AWAIT YOU:
Define and lead all analyses to support innovation initiatives, methodology development, standards and best practices.
Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Leads prototyping (what –ifs) as well as supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas includes – but not limited to – trend analyses, representation/ sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
Address major quality escapes (problems).
Ensures documentation of the new methodologies and best practices.
Work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test new consumer and audience measurement methodologies.
Design and test data collection methodologies for Nielsen panels and surveys.
Define and lead for the identification and implementation of methods and best practices to improve respondent cooperation and optimize data collection approaches
Represents Data Science in meetings and interactions with other Nielsen departments
Represents Nielsen within academic and research councils.
Ensures that the team addresses the client’s needs.
Oversee and guide project teams
· B.S. or Masters degree in Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leader
· 7- 10 years of relevant experience
· Experience in trend analyses, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data aggregation techniques, automation, generalization.
· R, Python or other statistical packages.
· Strong communication/writing skills
· Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret large data sources
NICE TO HAVE:
· Experience in big data technologies and machine
· Knowledge in SQL, working with Algorithms, and large-scale databases.
· Demonstrates experience in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
· Domain expert in at least one area: Demography, Sampling, Statistics Modeling, Research Practices, Retail Measurement, Audience Measurement, Data Integration and/or Digital.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO GROW:
At Nielsen you will experience a dynamic, open, and solution-oriented international environment, where we support your development through a trust-based feedback culture and diverse training possibilities.
As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen you can: Be Yourself, Make a Difference & Grow with Us.