The Nielsen Company Junior Bidding Specialist in Warsaw, Poland
Junior Bidding Specialist
As a leader in marketing and media information, Nielsen is one of the most trusted sources of business intelligence for the world's top brands. The work we do makes a significant difference to how businesses and brands perform in markets around the world.
SIMPLY PUT: You will manage the bidding and scheduling of vendors across the region, ensuring cost levels are maintained at or below agreed levels. Monitoring supplier costs, capacity and performance & contributing to the continuous improvement of the scheduling process.
CHALLENGES THAT AWAIT YOU:
● Recommend appropriate field supplier or methodology, based on fielding country and study or client requirements
● Provide consultancy to Innovation Business Partner in case of complex request or concerns on feasibility
● Review study specifications and agency availability to determine the most time and cost effective method to schedule studies
● Maintain record of all agency contacts and standards, give advice on country specific issues (including external providers)
● Proactively seek to challenge suppliers on cost and timing issues
● Send bid requests to external suppliers and forward completed bids to Client Service with recommendations
● Assist in determining client service and study needs prior to country study start
● Counsel and advise on general and specific field scheduling issues
● Consult with project team on fielding issues, giving recommendations related to suppliers and schedules
● Provide input and recommendations for field agency performance monitoring, based on cost, quality, or timing issues
● Communicate decision/changes to agencies and/or internal staff in a timely manner
● Assist Client Service through learning process of external sample scheduling
● Build/maintain rapport with field agencies and respond to questions/calls promptly
● Create efficiency and consistency in scheduling external sample
● Track and analyze supplier costs and timing; provide ongoing recommendations on how the scheduling process can be improved as the methodology grows and changes.
● Knowledge of Microsoft and Google product suites
● Ability to take initiative and work independently
● Attention to detail
● Coordination skills
● Customer service oriented
● Oral and written communication skills
● Organizational skills
● Problem-solving skills
● Client consulting skills
● Negotiation skills
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Fluent English
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO GROW:
At Nielsen you will experience a dynamic, open, and solution-oriented international environment, where we support your development through a trust-based feedback culture and diverse training possibilities.
As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen you can: Be Yourself, Make a Difference & Grow with Us.