Google Interaction Designer in Warsaw, Poland
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to your resume in English. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
As a Interaction Designer, you will help define experiences for strategic Google Cloud initiatives. We aim to enable people and organizations around the world to use the same robust infrastructure that powers Google’s own products.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Gain a deep understanding of Cloud Platform products, technologies, user motivations, market opportunities and competition.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and other Design teams to define the user experience for new and existing Google Compute Engine and Cloud Functions features.
- Translate complex technical and business requirements into usable and powerful products; Create designs, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, and communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
- Work with Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Communicate design vision, rationalize and justify decisions and advocate for users’ needs.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using design systems.
- Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in designing usable web-based interfaces, with experience in HTML.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.