Pegasystems, Inc. Principal Software Engineer – Java Backend in Poland
In this position you will work in Core Engine product area, which provides core services and capabilities for entire Pega platform. There will be exposure to a bunch of noSQL related technologies used for implementing various data access patterns. You will be a part of a technically mature, well integrated team with close co-operation with local product owner and other teams based in Cambridge. The Principal Software Engineer is a thought leader who combines energy, creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. In addition, Principal Software Engineer provides technical leadership, guidance, and coaching of fellow engineers.
Take a look at what our office is like in Krakow
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities
- Leverage Java and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team
- Working in a friendly atmosphere with flexible working hours
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive onboarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks (mainly USA)
- Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on the world’s market-leading organisations
- Attractive salary and package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card/Membership in Pure, English lessons)
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives and have a chill room
Principal Software Engineer at Pega:
This is a right place for a person who is passionate about exploring new technologies, has an eye for software design and is committed to putting his or her software development skills into practice of building fit-for-purpose solutions.
Ideally we are looking for:
- Min. 6 years of professional experience
- Bachelors of Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience working with core Java
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience building highly scalable multi-user software applications
- Experience with Java threading model and concurrency best practices
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to work within Scrum Methodology
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features
- Technical leadership and drive for people engagement to solve technical challenges
It will be great if you are familiar with:
- noSQL databases (Couchbase, Cassandra), Elasticsearch
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from all suitably qualified applicants.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications