Mattel Associate Licensing Manager in Poland
At Mattel, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
Purpose of Position: In this position you will be part of the Consumer Product team and report to the Consumer Product Country Head Eastern Europe. You are responsible for developing the consumer products business for all Mattel and HiT Brands with clear leadership and vision in the Hardlines & Publishing categories, with the objective of achieving the financial growth and profit targets for the Eastern Europe territories.
Your responsibilitiesare to:
- Build and manage ongoing relationships with licensees and other business partners; monitors licensee P&L; and performance and identifies opportunities for growth and contract renewals.
- Identify market leader companies to license out our brands and special projects.
- Work closely with Regional CP team to maximize and complement both regional and local licensees.
- Maintain communication with key partners to understand performance, trends and business opportunities.
- Negotiate licensing contracts; monitors contractual obligations and conducts sales analysis.
- Conduct financial and market analysis of product categories to make recommendations on partnerships and product strategies.
- Oversee product development to ensure products meet brand standards, market needs and timelines; and ensures a smooth approval process.
- Drive and conduct brand presentations to licensees and partners.
- Collaborate with licensees to resolve distribution, product development and product performance and assists licensees to achieve financial goals.
- Educate licensees & other business partners about proper brand image & visual representation of Mattel brands.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing and promotional programs creating synergies with Mattel marketing plans.
- Work with the Retail Development Manager and Mattel Sales Team to leverage resources supporting development of consumer products categories at retail.
- Work closely with licensees for retail development and event management.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor degree in Business or Marketing.
- At least 5+ Years’ experience in licensing within FMCG or branded consumer goods industries and publishing industry.
- Thorough understanding of licensing processes as well as laws and regulation in Eastern Europe.
- Fluent in English and Polish, knowledge of another languague is considered a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office..
- Excellent influence, negotiation and sales skills; ability to liaise with people at all levels across the business.
- Good understanding of annual financial plans, KPI’s, you have a good sence for number and P&L; analysis.
- Ability to work in wide variety of projects with challenging deadlines.
- You know how to get things done with a large international matrix organization, based on your previous experience within a similar context.
What do we have to offer?
We offer a fulltime position with a competitive salary, a bonus structure and an attractive pension plan. In the Warsaw office we provide a fun, engaging and fast-paced working environment, where we make decisions very quickly and where creativity and teamwork is the core of our culture. We believe that as our employees grow professionally, so will Mattel. We grow through diverse learning opportunities that elevate our knowledge, skills and aspirations. Right from the beginning, our employees have the opportunity to take responsibility for interesting projects and various challenging tasks. We work with passion but also take time to play a game with our colleagues. The dress code at Mattel is business casual - every day.
How to apply: * Do you see yourself as a match for this job? Then we look forward to your *application in English! *Please make sure to clearly motivate your application *to help us gain a deeper understanding of how your background, ambition and personality fits to this role and in which aspects you still find a challenge for yourself. #LI-AE1
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Associate Licensing Manager
Requisition Number: 171476
Zip Code: 00867
Job Category: Marketing