Pearson Moodle Support Engineer in Poznan, Poland
Moodle Support Engineer
At Pearson,we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team whomakes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turningtextbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learnbest, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education communityacross the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivateeach other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports andinspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — andeach other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning thatbecome the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large andsmall.
Ourcustomer support team has a proven track record of delivering high qualitytechnical support to our customers. We are looking for a motivated,technically-savvy, fun, and service oriented Moodle Support Engineerthat is passionate about delivering the best support experience possible.
This is ahighly dynamic environment that requires the Moodle Support Engineerto multi-task, troubleshoot, and manage their assigned cases in an efficientmanner in order to deliver accurate and timely resolution of customer issues.They will need to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholdersto constantly seek ways to enhance our customer’s experience and relationshipwith the platforms. The ideal individual will work continuously and diligentlyto surpass our customer’s expectations and ensure their success.
● Provide multi-level troubleshooting and technical Moodle support tocustomers via Salesforce, Jira and Slackto resolve product and hosting environment issues expeditiously.
● Contribute to the team having technical responsibility for administrationof Moodle at the server, making back-ups, documenting changes to themodule/block set-up.
● Makechanges as appropriate to the look and style of Moodle throughchanges to coding/style sheets ensuring web accessibility standards are metwhere possible.
● Responsible for fault reproduction and troubleshooting, system characterizationand analysis, root cause analysis of product issues, bug tracking and issueresolution.
● Workclosely with development and implementation teams to resolve issues.
● Deliver a positive experience by proactively informing a customer throughoutcase life cycle.
● Create technical documentation for the knowledge base, wiki, and FAQs.
● Mentor and support Tier 1 staff where appropriate.
● Effective case queue management.
● Minimum 5 years of experience in Moodle support, migration, implementationand integration preferably from version 2.7 .
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
● Strong passion for exceeding customer expectations
● Aself-starter who is able to work on one’s own initiative with a high degree ofautonomy.
● Experience with Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, and Slack
● Proven ability to thrive in fast paced, goal-oriented environments
● Demonstrated capability to manage multiple priorities
● Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach.
Goodknowledge of SCORM 1.2 / 2004 / TinCan xAPI standards and compliances will bean added advantage.Goodknowledge of SCORM 1.2 / 2004 / TinCan xAPI standards and compliances will bean added advantage.
Primary Location: PL-PL-Poznan
Work Locations: PL-Poznan-77 Dabrowskiego Dąbrowskiego 77 Poznan 60-529
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2017
Req ID: 1710967