Dell Systems Development Engineer / Factory Incident Manager in Lodz, Poland
Systems Development Engineer / Factory Incident Manager
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within Engineering Operations at Dell, we are looking for a Systems Development Engineer to join our team in Łódź .
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Factory Sustaining Team provides support to our internal manufacturing and product test processes for Servers, Storages, Desktop Systems and Incident management support for high severity downtimes. This includes support of products hardware configuration as well as automated software installation phases for all our computers manufactured in Europe.
Within that team on a daily basis Systems Development Engineer :
· Provides technical support for produced hardware (Desktop/Servers/Storages) - identify issues, investigate root causes and recommend solutions to reported problems
· Provides technical guidance in activities associated with identifying, prioritizing and resolving problems directly on production lines as well as by telephone and e-mail
· Provide Incident Management support for manufacturing environment
· Tracks and coordinates incidents resolution across multiple support teams based on site and in remote locations
· Monitors and reports company infrastructure state and reacts in case of environment stability related incidents
· Support and advisory in case of new functionality implementation and post installation tests
· Strong knowledge of computer hardware and technologies (Client and Servers solutions).
· Understanding of Enterprise Systems Architecture and services.
· Good knowledge of ITIL and support processes.
· Strong analytical skills, ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
· Fluency in English and Polish.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills plus the flexibility to work shifts.
· Experience of providing in person (onsite) and remote IT support.
· Strong analytical skills, ability to identify problems and implement solutions.
· Ability to create reports and provide updates to business operations teams.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Closing date: 31 July 2017 .
Please be aware that according to Polish law all candidates applying for the role should provide the following statement in their CVs:
/ “I hereby give consent to Dell Products Poland Sp. z o.o. for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2002, item 1182 as amended.” /
If you automatically wish to be considered for other roles in the future, please, include only the following statement in your CV:
/ “I hereby give consent to Dell Products Poland Sp. z o.o. for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of this as well as future recruitment processes under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2002, item 1182 as amended.” /
Please, be aware that your consent for/Dell Products Poland Sp. z o.o./to process your personal data included in your application will be cancelled upon your request.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: *Systems Dev Engineering
Title: Systems Development Engineer / Factory Incident Manager
Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-PL-LO-Lodz
Requisition ID: 17000MUR