Akamai Technologies, Inc. Software Engineer in Krakow, Poland
5 days ago Post Date
009371 Requisition #
About the job
Akamai Marketplace team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our software development team focused on building data analysis and visualization solutions. In this role, you will be contributing to the full SDLC. This includes design and development of core components that power Akamai Marketplace.
The ideal candidate must have an initial significant experience in software engineering, including designing and creating mature, reusable and scalable software components. Familiarity with modern development tools and environments is a plus. The candidate should also have excellent problem solving skills and abilities to communicate effectively.
About the team
Akamai Marketplace is at the very center of everything at Akamai. Binding technology with product strategy and go-to-market, it is one of the most transformative initiatives currently at Akamai.
Building Akamai Marketplace is a challenging problem on multiple fronts:
· Size and global spread of Akamai's customer base.
· Diversity and scale of Akamai's products.
· Complexity of the business problems that the software needs to incorporate.
You will be a key contributor and will execute the design, development and successful deployment of core Marketplace components, such as:
· Recommendation Engine
· Underlying Data gathering, Processing and Dissemination components.
In doing so you are expected to:
· Collaborate with multiple developers within the team and in other teams to deliver technical solutions to meet the requirements.
· Be a go to person and a subject matter expert in your components and area of technology.
· Adhere to modern SDLC processes and work with QA and Release management teams to deliver high quality, testable, observable, high performance, and reusable software in a timely manner.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields.
· 2+ years of software development experience for enterprise software or consumer web applications.
· 2+ years of experience in one or more of the major Linux Platforms (CentOS/Redhat, Ubuntu)
· 2+ years of experience in designing and using relational databases (Oracle, Postgres)
· 2+ years of continuous practice and proficiency in 2 or more of the major programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python)
· 2+ years of continuous practice of object oriented design.
· 1+ years of practice in basic development operations tools (Git/Stash, Jenkins, Perforce)
· 1+ years of continuous practice in building and consuming RESTFUL API’s
· 1+ years of experience in Apache Tomcat
· 1+ years of continuous practice in one or more NoSQL distributed databases systems (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark)
· Deep understanding of data mining, analytics, probability theory, statistics, Data Science.
· Good working knowledge of machine learning algorithms and libraries.
· Knowledge of R
· Understanding of Distributed Systems.
· Strong problem identification and problem solving skills.
· Must be creative and passionate.
· Experience in big data systems and/or building analytics products.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.