State Street Senior Project Manager, AVP in Krakow, Poland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose Of Role:
- Lead end to end planning and execution of programmes/complex projects related to State Street Bank GmbH Poland branch. Project deliverables will include but may not be lmited to e.g. enhanced operating models, business transformation and technology changes, strategic initiatives and new commercialization opportunities.
- The main responsibilities include:
- Lead the project team and various business units in defining & executing programme scope, planning, budgeting and control all programme/project tasks, resources and deliverables
- Actively manage stakeholder expectations. Provide consistent updates, address, and resolve problems directly with stakeholders in order to manage their delivery expectations
- Take ownership and delivery responsibility for assigned projects
- Organise and control the activities of cross functional work streams and stakeholder in multiple global locations within each programme
- Establish & follow a robust governance mechanism for each programme
- Provide regular status reporting as per agreed programme performance reporting metrics
- Lead project team towards predetermined goals by tracking and resolving business risks and issues thought the life of the programme
- Maintain and follow an escalation path within each programme
- Apply strong project management standards and best practices to ensure successful execution of projects on scope, on schedule and on budget
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures and provide input to the further development of best practices
- Build strong connections and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
Core Business Requirements
- Strong involvement in projects and programmes, with a proven track record of achieving the set goals
- Experience in managing programmes/complex projects (7+ years)
- Experience of managing and influencing key and senior relationships across an international organisation
- Experience chairing meetings, presenting and leading business initiatives
- Financial Services Industry experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in transformational change strongly preferred
- Knowledge of project or program methodologies, certification preferred (i.e. PMP, P2P, PgMP, MSP)
- Knowledge and experience of Six Sigma, Lean and other process improvement techniques and tools and project management, certification will be an advantage
- Develop, coach, support and motivate staff to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Driving excellent service, high performance and a positive, innovative culture
- Development of individuals by identifying their strengths, development needs and training requirements
- Conduct adhoc reports, deep dives and tasks as required
Core soft skills
- Communication & collaboration skills at senior stakeholder level
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Facilitation and relationship management skills
- Flexibility to adopt in a fast changing environment
- Proficiency in English, written and verbal.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Project.
Level Of Education:
- Master’s Degree in technology, accounting, finance, business or equivalent
Previous Level Of Experience:
Min 7 years’ experience in consulting, project or program management; previous people management experience
State Street Job ID: 165153
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager, AVP
Job ID: 165153
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Krakow