Sabre Senior IT Project Manager in Krakow, Poland
Req ID: 10981
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that cutting-edge technology is used at Sabre by more than 1 billion people around the globe? Did you know that Sabre processes approximately 85,000 transactions per second for the largest industry in the world - travel and tourism? Now that we have your attention, Sabre is an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers (and employees) succeed. We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
Successful Candidate will join a team of Project Managers in CSS (Customer Sales & Services) Solutions PMO to ensure timely completion of IT projects that are executed using an iterative development methodology. Candidate will work as a Senior level employee within a team responsible for client acceptance of enterprise software system and system integration project or engagement.
Key responsibility of the PM will be to lead Retail platform (Dynamic retailer) projects and releases. As a Senior IT Project manager in this team you are expected to be open and honest in your management style. Alerting team members to issues seen and motivating your teams to deliver projects with precision and passion. The right candidate operates entrepreneurially with very little guidance and a want to share their skills and attributes openly with his/her fellow teammates.
• Works within the development and implementation process of Sabre’s products and services, usually involving extensive interaction with other members of departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing product. Projects are complex in scope.
• Monitors the project from initiation through delivery, and reports work progress.
• Monitors schedules and budgets, reporting status to managerial as well as executive level teams
• Develops and manages a communication plan to include content, frequency, audience and channels.
• Organizes the interdepartmental activities, ensuring completion of the project on schedule, and within budget constraints.
• Monitors schedules and budgets.
• Works on multiple projects simultaneously.
• May be asked to assist in the creation and maintenance of project management processes and procedures to ensure that projects are developed and implemented according to approved business requirements.
• Follows prescribed methods and procedures on new assignments and provides guidance to other personnel. Ensures that approved methods, processes and tools are consistently used, including change, issue, risk and quality management.
Education & experience:
• Bachelor's degree in CS (Computer Science) or equivalent.
• PMP Certification and/or SAFE certification preferred.
• 5+ years of professional experience in IT field (preferably software development), including experience in managing multiple IT projects. 3+ years of related experience in IT Project Management
• Prior experience in managing globally distributed, geographically dispersed project teams, or remote teams and remote team members.
• Possesses and applies expert knowledge of project management principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of assignments.
• Ability to interface at appropriate management levels with moderate customer interface. Adept at interfacing professionally at project team, Management and Executive Levels.
• Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of PDLC including customer requirements gathering, software design and development, testing – including unit, functional, systems and integration, implementation/delivery and maintenance, and overall quality assurance.
• Has excellent analytical skills, is detail oriented, interacts well with others, and has excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision and be accountable for actions and decisions.
• Good command of English (both oral and written).
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or equivalent.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project.
• Experience in Agile/Scrum techniques in software development and project management.
• Familiarity with Travel/ IT in Aviation business.
• Working knowledge of how IT systems interact, including potential risks, issues and difficulties that may occur.
• Exposure to video/ audio conferencing technologies.
• Experience with Agile tools, e.g.: Rally, Version One, Jira, or equivalent.
• Experience with enterprise project portfolio management systems (PPPM), e.g.: Primavera, or equivalent
• Exposure to Microsoft corporate environment software, including SharePoint platform, or equivalent.
social benefit package - VIP Medical Package, Life Insurance, Benefit System
salary Tax Deduction due to creative work
a wide range of trainings and technical certification reimbursement
comfortable office location and modern office space
free of charge Parking lot for Employees
attractive referral bonus
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Stay connected with Sabre Careers