State Street Open Positions for Finance Graduates – Junior Role in Krakow, Poland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose Of Role:
- Transition incl. travels of assigned accounting activities from local country finance unit to Financial shared Service Center - when and where applicable and directed by manager
- Service liaison for assigned country
- Ensure operational readiness in assigned are of expertise including relevant process documentation and training received
- Perform assigned daily, weekly or monthly accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner under the direction of the Team Leader and/or Service Delivery Lead and/or Finance Shared Service Manager and/or his delegate
- Perform the accounting processes that may include [but is not limited to]: accounting documents processing, journal processing, payments preparation, account reconciliation, preparation and verification of the reports, performing other projects as assigned etc.
- Work according to priorities and deadlines outlined by the Team Leader
- When and where applicable and directed by manager shadow accounting processing at the local country during the transition period. Prepare transition documentation according to the instructions and under supervision of Team
- Develop the career plan with Team Leader/Service Delivery lead and execute accordingly
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
Keeping Service Quality
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness
- Aim to identify process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management] Leader
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures
- Co-participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products within the department and within the State Street Corporation, if requested; support team leader by assisting with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Maintain close contact with the direct manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with client, colleagues and key internal suppliers
Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given
- Language skills, at least intermediate in written and verbal in English and country language if required
- PC application knowledge and basic Excel skill-set are necessary
- Understands and can explain the basic accounting principles in theory
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under time pressure, give accurate and timely delivery
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Attention to detail crucial
Level of Education:
- Finance or Accounting education
Previous Level of Experience:
Finance or Accounting education
State Street Job ID: 172467
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Open Positions for Finance Graduates – Junior Role
Job ID: 172467
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Krakow