State Street Fund Expense Administrator, Associate 1 in Krakow, Poland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
Fund Expense Administrator is responsible for processing the fund expenses and all associated tasks, including collecting authorization, VAT calculations, expense allocation to the sub-funds, payments, reconciliation and reporting. He or she must ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner and according to the standards and procedures set forth
Invoices Payment And Reconciliation
- Screen received invoices and determine entities / funds concerned, split method, need for currency conversion and applicable VAT treatment
- Instruction and follow up with concerned team for custody payments and cross sub-funds transfers.
- Instruction and follow up for execution of currency conversions
- Accounting processing of payments
- Custody vs Accounting reconciliation
- Follow up on rejected / returned payments
- Determine whether VAT is applicable and calculate where necessary
- Contact the client to resolve VAT calculation issues
- Maybe required to undertake the review of invoices tasks prepared by other team members
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
Non - Technical Competencies
- Resolve review points highlighted by Senior Fund Expense Administrator and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Contacts and maintains good working relationships with appointed client and vendor representatives in order to gather authorization and clarify any issues around fund expenses
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
Training And Personal Development
- Work with Senior Fund Expense Administrator / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Accuracy and ability to work with deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Very good English knowledge (B2 or higher)
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Level of Education:
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level of Experience:
Fund administration.ccounts payable.canning experience preferred but not essential
State Street Job ID: 165929
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Fund Expense Administrator, Associate 1
Job ID: 165929
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Krakow