State Street Fund Accounting Supervisor, Senior Associate in Krakow, Poland
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.4 trillion* in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 31,070 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
*Purpose Of Role: *
To supervise the NAV accounting process in accordance with internal controls and procedures.
- Supervise the daily accounting process
- Supervise the daily position and P&L; reconciliation review
- Assist in preparation of Dealing Date NAV packs
- Opportunity to work with complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual & annual audits
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Individuals typically supervise 1 - 3 employees.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- Highly numerate
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
Level Of Education:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree).
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
Previous Level Of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting (preferably Hedge fund experience).
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Excellent English
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Fund Accounting Supervisor, Senior Associate
Job ID: 158376
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Krakow