State Street Depositary Team Leader with Italian, Senior Associate in Krakow, Poland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
The Team Supervisor is responsible for first line managing the Depositary Team. In order to efficiently and effectively manage the operations, the Team Manager focusses in particular on the following:
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Communicate to internal departments progress on pending project
- Act as first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work
- Monitor and document process flows and procedures
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team
- Oversee the mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective in order to ensure highest standards are met Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Responsibility for MIS reporting (to offshoring SSB sites and Management) and regular calls.
- Ensure error reporting and mitigating actions in place.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills. Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry would be advantageous Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- The ability to understand complex investment fund structures and to identify the risks inherent in those structures.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required.
- Experience in finance, custody or funds would be an advantage.
- Fluent / upper-intermediate (B2+) in Italian & English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
State Street Job ID: 156395
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Depositary Team Leader with Italian, Senior Associate
Job ID: 156395
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Krakow