UBS Financial Services Java Software Engineeer in Kraków, Poland
Job Reference #:
Do you want to help us ensure the quality of a suite of front office FX Trading components? We are looking for someone like that to join us and:
– analyze business requirements and design and implement solutions on our FX trading stack
– work as part of an agile scrum development team
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
Java Software Engineeer
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of a small agile team that is part of globally distributed FX Trading IT capability. The team is located in Wroclaw and will be working across the full suite of FX applications, including low-latency Core Java Server processes and high-performance user interfaces written in HTML5 and .NET WPF.
Your experience and skills:
– strong server-side Java development skills (currently on Java 8), including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming with excellent design and problem solving skills.
– hands-on experience in building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies as a plus
– experience working with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
– experience working closely with your business partners to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refined these to remove any ambiguity. In fact, you feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?