UBS Financial Services Java Developer in Kraków, Poland
Are you a great collaborator? Do you have the ability to stand by agile principles while delivering sustainable solutions? We're looking for an agile developer like that who can:
– collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
– take ownership of your brand new as well as legacy code
– build and maintain a large-scale enterprise system in a complex technology environment
– work in different roles across the whole solution lifecycle (requirement analysis, development, design, system integration, architecture, support, etc.)
– provide technical leadership on projects and coach less experienced developers
– analyze root causes of incidents and provide solutions
– occasionally travel to Zurich
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Delivery Unit CIO Research in UBS Business Solution Center in Krakow/Zabierzów. Wealth Management Research is providing financial research content to internal employees, UBS prospects, clients (retail, affluent, wealth ones known as High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth). The key project in 2017 is to build Curation Engine which enable us to provide relevant content for individuals based on but not limited to: risk profile, origin, financial situation, knowledge, personal interests.
Your experience and skills:
– exceptional experience with Java programing, and frameworks/libraries such as Spring Boot/MVC/Security/Integration, HttpComponents, Jackson and etc.
– experience in designing, building infrastructure and web services at large scale using either monolithic or micro-service approaches
– exposure to Webshpere/Apache/Tomcat on UNIX/Linux environment with shell scripting
– proficient skills with one of more IDEs such as Intellij, Eclipse
– good understanding of agile practices, methodologies such as Scrum and KanBan
– habit to document work using EA tools like Enterprise Architect
– experience in software testing concepts including unit, integration, TDD/BDD, spec by example, end to end and non-functional testing
– some experience in investment banking or financial services, ideally Content Management System (CMS) specifics.
– a team player
– willing to take a challenge
– working with superb integrity without leaving loose ends on your way
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
– effective within the complexity, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 147673BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)