UBS Financial Services Java Developer in Kraków, Poland
Do you know how to build robust and scalable systems in Java? Are you an innovative problem solver? We’re looking for someone like that who will:
– be a member of a Scrum team
– deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java server systems
– devise high level technical architecture for the epics
– provide technical leadership and mentor junior colleagues
– develop code, leading by example
– review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
– deliver L3 support, assisting production operations team with fixing code-related issues
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that provide trade Settlements and Confirmations functions for one of the best banks in the world. Our systems transfer billions of dollars between UBS and other financial institutions, that's why we pay special attention to outstanding code quality and proper testing. Another key function is trade confirmation process as required by applicable laws around the world.
Technologies/Tools used: Java 7/8, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Oracle, JMX, C# (Windows GUI), Github, TeamCity, Mockito, Jbehave, Jira
Your experience and skills:
– Minimum 3 years developing software utilizing Java
– Minimum 2 years developing software utilizing Spring framework
– Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
– Detailed understanding of core Java concepts such as collections, multi-threading, and RMI
– C# knowledge is a nice to have
– Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– Hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging techniques and databases
– Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
– Strong organizational and quality assurance skills
– Experience in the financial industry is a plus
– a team player
– committed to excellence
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– a very good English speaker
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154899BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)