UBS Financial Services IT Research Analyst in FinTech in Kraków, Poland
Do you enjoy learning new things every day and using an analytical, structured approach to complex topics, new business models and technologies? Are you interested in how technology is changing financial services?
We are looking for a quick learner with IT background to join a team analyzing technology-based innovation in financial services. You will:
• analyse disruptive technologies and new business models in wealth and asset management, investment banking and retail banking
• create and deliver presentations and reports for UBS executives and innovation teams
• participate in innovation projects as a research analyst
• scout for innovative startups and financial service ideas
• cooperate with external consultants
• work on using data analysis, text analytics and machine learning to derive research insights more efficiently
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the CTO Research Services team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). We are a part of the Group Chief Technology Officer organization and report to UBS' IT Research and Development. At UBS, we collaborate with the Group Chief Technology Officer's Innovation team (https://www.ubs.com/magazines/innovation/en/into-the-future.html), as well as with other teams focused on innovation and enterprise architecture. Our work allows us to constantly learn about cutting edge technologies and new business models tested by fintech startups, as well as exercise a lot of creativity in conducting our research.
Your experience and skills:
• at least 5 years of professional experience as an IT consultant or analyst
• experience in system integration projects, a leading consulting firm, or a market research team
• proven ability to analyze new IT technologies, as well as their impact on business models
• broad understanding of information technology in general
• basic statistics, data analysis and visualization skills allowing you to effectively explore quantitative data and communicate resulting insights
• professional proficiency in English
• broad understanding of wealth management, institutional asset management or investment banking industry will be an advantage
• a university degree, ideally in or related to IT or financial services
• naturally curious, comfortable with constantly developing your knowledge of innovative IT solutions and the business you support
• a strong analytical thinker, able to structure complex and vague information
• an excellent communicator, able effectively liaise with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• results-oriented and independent in driving projects to completion, actively managing client expectations and solving problems
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 147331BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Research Analyst in FinTech
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)