Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Development Engineer - 6254 in Katowice, Poland
Software Development Engineer - 6254
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Development Engineer - 6254
Job Location: Poland - Katowice
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work in Xpedition Designer engineering team in the System Design Division. You will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing, debugging and supporting new components, functionality, features and algorithms for use in Xpedition Designer tools.
Development responsibilities will span different software tools including application software, APIs, GUIs and utilities.
You will collaborate with a group of software engineers in Poland and worldwide.
Job responsibilities include but not limit to:
• Designing and developing the functionality matching requirements,
• Conduct manual tests, prepare unit/functional regression tests necessary to confirm project requirements,
• Contribute to other necessary team effort to accomplish project objectives,
• Keeping to the coding standards
This position is based at our Katowice development site. We're results-oriented. Because this is a fast-paced industry, we challenge our employees to set goals, accept responsibility and solve problems. And we reward people for taking on these challenges.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
• Excellent communication skills,
• MSc in Computer Science or similar area is required,
• Several years of experience with practical knowledge of C/C++ and software development in C/C++,
• Knowledge of STL/Boost libraries will be an advantage
• Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems and scripting languages will be an advantage
• Experience with larger software projects will be an advantage but is not required
Individuals with strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills are preferred.
You will need programming and software engineering skills too.
You must be able to work collaboratively with other multi-national team-members to achieve desired results.