Thomson Reuters Risk and Control Analyst in Gdynia, Poland
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Risk and Control Analyst, Risk Managed Services
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
Thomson Reuters (TR) Risk has built a number of services (Org ID, Enhanced Due Diligence, Screening Resolution Service) for the global financial community to manage its regulatory and legal obligations, manage risk and combat financial crime. This is a very rare opportunity to join a business that is being built specifically to fulfill a known requirement of the regulated community, with whom we are already engaged, ensuring the Services conform to their needs.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Ensuring ongoing compliance to meet customer and regulatory requirements is part of the ‘DNA’ of our business; we are subject to ongoing assessments by customers / internal and external audit. These assessments are typically more stringent than most businesses across Thomson Reuters.
Risk Managed Services (Org ID, EDD, SRS) operates around 170 controls across its business as part of its Control Framework across the HR, KYC Record Building, Quality Control, Business Continuity, IT and Security and Access Control. Each control is in place to ensure an important process is completed. These controls must operate effectively, not only to ensure that we will achieve ISAE 3000 accreditation without any major observations but also to meet customer commitments.
This role of Risk and Control Analyst is crucial to ensuring that Risk Managed Services effectively operates its controls as they are designed to operate. This role is responsible for planning and testing controls, reviewing results and collaborating with business and technology control owners - making recommendations to close any gaps identified.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- To schedule and perform detailed planning for Monthly, Quarterly and half yearly audits
- To prepare and execute test programmes and manage the performance of assignments
- To prepare work papers and audit reports to support findings/conclusions and make recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Discuss findings / observations with stakeholders;
- To follow-up on actions arising from audit assignments as required, and assist with the preparation of status reports;
- To conduct training and awareness sessions with control owners / operators and RMS staff on how to operate controls effectively
- To ensure the audit information repository is maintained and updated in a timely manner
- To contribute to the development of the Controls Framework and process through continuous personal and professional development
- Act as SME for Risk related issues, work closely with Operations and Enablement to ensure processes are compliant with Risk and Control principles;
- Work closely with external auditors (PwC) during ISAE 3000 II / OSPAR accreditation audit.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- 2 years experience in one of the following; Auditing / Compliance / Risk & Governance / Quality Control / Quality Assurance;
- Experience in working independently and with management teams;
- Educated to Bachelor degree level;
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Persistence – able to ask questions, to challenge responses if needed and ask for further detail. Not always to accept the first answer given;
- Process and detail oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive projects to completion;
- Ability to adapt to change and multi-task in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to travel (up to 25%);
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Access) required.
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have 1 year experience in Know Your Customer / Anti Money Laundering / Financial Crime;
- No formal audit qualifications are required (though these would be considered a benefit).
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
Job: *Accounting & Finance Family Group
Organization: *F&R CP Risk & Supply Chain
Title: Risk and Control Analyst
Location: Poland-Gdynia-Gdynia-POL-Gdynia-Baltic Business Ctr
Requisition ID: JREQ085275