Amazon.com Systems Development Engineer in Gdansk, Poland
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built the Amazon Alexa, the Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, FireTV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. And this is just the beginning. We’re on to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building low-level solutions. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· 5+ years of experience in Software Systems/DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer role or application development in distributed systems.
· Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Strong scripting / automation skills in Python/Ruby/Java.
· Experience with open-source technologies (Linux, Spring, Memcached, Elasticsearch).
· Strong fundamentals on Unix/Linux operating systems.
· Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web API's.
· Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers.
AMZR Req ID: 521150
External Company URL: www.amazon.com