Amazon.com Poland Site Leader ADS in Gdansk, Poland
Poland Site Leader – Speech and Language Data Services is a role to enhance productivity, efficiency, and quality of ground truth for spoken language data (e.g. transcription, semantic annotation, goal success) across multiple Amazon products and services.
The Speech and Language Data Services Poland Site Leader is accountable for creating a culture of continuous improvement, customer obsession, high performance and high quality throughput - leading to scaling of the Speech and Language Data Services organisation in the region, owning consistent delivery of results against the organisational objectives. The site lead will contribute to the strategic planning, goal setting and change management. With operations managers as direct reports this role enables the achievement of service levels, performance & cost goals and successful program implementation. The site leader is responsible for the performance management, goal setting and career development of their line reports to ensure effective succession planning is in place. This person should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. This person will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. This person will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. This person should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement, coordination, and evaluation of Speech and Language Data Services operations activity in Poland
· Manage individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
· Collaborate with partners to build input operating plans for achievement of key measures
· Create a culture where accountability, transparency and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects is a standard operating practice
· Tirelessly advocate for improvements to systems and processes that will benefit our product teams / stakeholders and business partners.
· Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and build career development roadmap for site leadership
· Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard “call of duty” to find creative solutions for our product issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of product teams.
· Create closed-loop feedback processes where data associates are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to customer experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
· Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff
· Achieve site-wide improvements in Operations, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Customer experience and People metrics.
· Build partnerships with internal and external teams to collaborate and drive measurable improvements in areas that cause customer pain and data associate frustration.
· Improve the experience of the data associates & managers as measured by improvements in attrition and employee engagement surveys.
Education – degree qualification in a business or management field desirable
· A minimum of 12 years of people management and operations leadership experience, to include four years in a senior management role in a fast paced, customer obsessed technical/Customer Service environment
. Fluency in a major European language
· Demonstrated passion and obsession for customers while maintaining a lean, highly productive operation
· Previous experience of creating and contributing to strategic planning processes
· Experience in managing cost centre / P&L budgets
· Experience in leading international teams spread across multiple sites / countries
· Experience in leading large teams to high levels of performance
· Experience in developing future leaders and creating tailored succession plans
· Experience in building a culture of empowerment, accountability and continuous improvement
· Experience as a project owner / sponsor for strategic step change initiatives and enabling innovative thinking in project teams
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, strong presentation skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people are a must
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all organisational levels
· Proven ability to make and implement decisions
· Proven ability to build relationships quickly
· Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe/consider all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conduct root cause analysis; refer to long term plans and goals; prioritise key factors; act decisively, promptly and confidently
Professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
Fluency in multiple European languages
Exhibits excellent judgment
Hires great people. Develops great people / Leaders
Has relentlessly high standards
Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
Thinks big, has convictions and is results oriented
Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
AMZR Req ID: 560670
External Company URL: www.amazon.com