State Street IT Operations Specialist, Senior Associate in Gdansk, Poland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
An exciting opportunity to become a part of a new team being set up in Poland who will focus on resiliency and improving applications across the EMEA region.
Team is being expanded from 4-9 members in less than 6 months and we envision more growth in the future.
Purpose of the role:
- Provides analytical, technical and administrative support (Tiers 1/2/3) for EMEA developed applications
- Ensuring continuous operations through proactive monitoring, perfective maintenance and strategic solutions
- Ability to develop, manage and deploy solution strategies in a global setting
- Demonstrate creativity, ability to develop new ideas and approaches to problem solving
- Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery, client solutions and client satisfaction
- Possibility to develop application or tools for operation purpose
- [Influences] Defining and implementing company initiatives, process improvements and best practices
- [Owns.nfluences] Client satisfaction and service delivery
- [Influences] Ops service model decisions
- [Owns] Identification and management of risks/issues inherent in products, processes and systems
- [Owns] Resolution and the reporting of issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- [Owns] User Access Rights: e.g. Approve the provisioning and de-provisioning of access to/from applications, databases, operating systems and corporate network for new, existing, transferring or leaving staff
- Proficiency Education/Experience Requirements: Skill set: 2-4 years of experience in IT industry;
- Fluent / upper-intermediate (B2+) in English
- Experience in Java or .Net, SQL ,Unix
- Experience in developing solutions for Enterprise applications
- Proven Skills in Problem Solving in Complex Application Environments
- Strong Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Understanding of Deployment Architectures and High Availability Concepts
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience in DevOps and/or release engineering
- Competency in continuous improvement and prevention of reoccurring issues
Non Essential Experience required – Knowledge of the following would be beneficial for this role
- Experience in Websphere, Tomcat etc. configuration, setup
- Experience in Windows, J2EE, Scripting, Database, Cloud Technologies
State Street Job ID: 167773
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: IT Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Job ID: 167773
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Gdansk