State Street Global Ops Senior Manager, Associate Vice President in Gdansk, Poland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
*Basic Purpose & Responsibilities *
- Support VP of the department in ensuring that your team(s) has the right resources, including staff, IT , financial and oversight functions to operate effectively
- Ensure that the business operate in compliance with internal and external regulations and that escalation procedures are followed
- Ensure that all procedures are regularly reviewed
- Work as a team in conducting periodic business reviews ensuring associated risks are identified and managed and appropriate remedial action is taken where appropriate
- Consistently communicates solid knowledge of team, department, and MDS division goals and mission
- Understands role of individual, department and MDS division within SSC and is able to navigate appropriately within organization to achieve desired results.
- Develop and maintain cross-dept and divisional relationships to better facilitate the assignment and resolution of departmental issues.
- Carries out assignments under self-direction and creatively overcomes roadblocks
- Develops or implements needed solutions without waiting for direction or leadership role to be assigned
- Demonstrates solid interpersonal relations, responding quickly to difficult situations and resolving them with minimal guidance
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy
- Represents department and teams in cross-departmental or cross-divisional meetings
- Supports GO division diversity strategy by encouraging the recruitment and retention of diverse individuals and educating existing employees on the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Monitor and stay abreast of Industry changes / events impacting Pricing. Liaise with external bodies and internal departments to ensure appropriate analysis and preparation is completed.
- Report regularly to senior management within Securities Valuation and with local management in Poland
*Management Responsibilities *
- A detailed understanding of :
- The scope of your managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure staffs have clear lines of reporting, authority levels, objectives and progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, limits of delegation and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Assist in Ensuring appropriate management information is produced and reviewed at appropriate intervals
- Supervise with operational focus in area of functional expertise
- Manages the activities of individual contributors, supervisors and outsourced functions in a section or department with accountability for results in terms of costs, strategies and employees. Manages direct reports on an on-going basis
- Monitors projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget: Faulty decisions or recommendations, or failure to achieve results would typically result in significant expenditure of additional time, human resources and funds
- Establish and oversee the development of a risk culture within the business and ensure business line accountability for risk management and measurement.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to ensure appropriate governance
*Knowledge Expertise & Required Skill Set *
- Solid understanding of the Fund Accounting Industry
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to drive change
- Project Management capabilities
- Report directly to Business Unit Head VP.
State Street Job ID: 165137
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Global Ops Senior Manager, Associate Vice President
Job ID: 165137
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Poland - Gdansk